Updated: Dec 12, 2021
Do you have questions about resurfacing?
No worries! We often get asked a lot of questions about resurfacing. That's why we've decided to create this blog post to answer some of the questions you may have.
1. What is resurfacing?
- Resurfacing is the process of applying a new surface coating. Also referred to as refinishing or re-glazing.
2.What do you resurface?
- We currently resurface bathtubs, tile, and countertops.
3. Why should I resurface my bathtub, tile, or countertops?
- Resurfacing instead of replacing saves you time and money. We can resurface surfaces for a fraction of what it may cost to replace.
4. What types of bathtubs can you resurface?
- We can resurface porcelain, acrylic, fiberglass, enameled cast iron, and more!
5. What size bathtubs do you resurface?
- We resurface all size bathtubs. Common sizes are standard, garden, and clawfoot bathtubs.
6. Do you resurface the walls around the bathtub?
- Yes! We resurface wall tile, fiberglass, and acrylic bathtub surrounds.
7. Do you resurface stand up showers?
- Yes! We resurface stand up and walk in showers. Tile and fiberglass.
8. Do you resurface shower pans?
- Yes! We resurface shower pans.
9. Do you resurface wall tile outside of the shower?
- Yes! We resurface hip walls.
10. My bathtub has been previously resurfaced, can it be resurfaced again?
- Yes! We remove all of the refinishing product that was previously applied, then we apply our product to the original finish.
11. The bottom of my bathtub has rust stains, can I still have it resurfaced?
-Yes! We can repair and cover rust stains.
12. My bathtub has a nick, chip, or scratch, can I still have it resurfaced?
- Yes! We do minor repairs prior to resurfacing. Repairs are a separate charge.
13. Can you turn my pink, blue, or green bathtub white?
- Yes! We use an ultra white glaze.
14. What colors do you use for countertop resurfacing?
- We currently offer stone accent color options.
15. Do you offer a clear coat for countertops?
- Yes! Clear coating is included.
16. Do you do kitchen counters?
- Yes! We resurface kitchen, bathroom, and vanity counters. Just let us know what type of countertop you need resurfaced.
17. When getting kitchen counters resurfaced, is the breakfast bar top included?
- We charge countertops by the square foot.
18. My laminate countertops have minor damage, can they still be resurfaced?
- Yes! We do minor repairs to nicks, chips, edge banding, and knife marks. Repairs are a separate charge.
19. My bathroom counter is a single mold design (sink and countertop is one solid piece), can it be resurfaced?
- Yes! We can resurface the sink on single mold countertop designs.
20. Do I need to remove faucet fixtures prior to resurfacing?
- No! We mask the area off, as well as all the fixtures.
21. How do I prepare for resurfacing?
- We need you to make the room where we are to perform the service look vacant. We will not move any of your personal items.
22. Do I need to cover any of my belongings?
- No, we will cover all of your things with plastic in the areas closest to the area being serviced.
23. Can I or my pets stay home?
- No! Unfortunately due to the chemicals used during the process we ask that you exit the home during the service. You may remain in the residence if there is one level between the area being serviced and the area you intend to be in. Example: Your basement if we are resurfacing a bathtub on the second floor. You may also be in the garage or sunroom. All pets need to be removed and fish tanks should be covered up to prevent any airborne exposure. We always recommend exiting the home during the resurfacing process.
24. Can I stay in the garage or sunroom?
- Yes! this is also a good alternative if you would like to stay home.
25. How long before I can use my newly resurfaced bathtub/countertops?
- The surface will need a full 48 hours to cure before use. This ensures the proper bond is formed for long lasting durability.
26. How long does the resurfacing process take?
- Most services range from four to seven hours. We recommend planning for eight hours. (9:00A.M.-5:00P.M.)
27. Are you insured?
- Yes! We are insured!
28. Do your services come with a warranty or do I have to purchase one?
- All of our services come backed by a warranty at no extra cost to you.
29. Where are you located?
- We are based out of Newport, Kentucky.
30. Where do you service?
- We are currently serving Greater Cincinnati Tri-State area.
Still have a question about the resurfacing process?
No problem! Give us a call or message us and we would be glad to answer all of your questions about resurfacing!