1. What is resurfacing?
- Resurfacing, also known as refinishing or reglazing, is the process of applying a new surface coating. The type of material used for the resurfacing will depend on the needs of the particular application. Most commonly an acrylic urethane or an epoxy is used for bathtub refinishing.
There are a number of reasons why bathtub resurfacing might be necessary. One is that the original surface may have been damaged and needs to be repaired. Another reason might be that the original surface has dulled and needs to be restored. Whatever the reason, resurfacing can provide a long-lasting solution that will keep your surfaces looking good for years to come. With proper care a refinished tub can last 10+ years.
2.What do you resurface?
- We specialize in resurfacing bathtubs, tile, and countertops. We can also resurface sinks and inserts! Our process is simple. We first etch, sand and clean the surface that we will be resurfacing. Then we apply our bonding agent. Next, we broadcast the new surface material onto the bonding agent. We can resurface just about any surface in just a few hours!
3. Why should I resurface my bathtub, tile, or countertops?
- Resurfacing instead of replacing saves you time and money. A new bathtub, tile, or countertop installation can be expensive. Installing new ones will require the services of a contractor who will charge an hourly rate based on their expertise and materials used during the job.
If your current surface is in good condition with no excessive damage that would cause problems, resurfacing may be for you! The best solution is often resurfacing because it means less disruption and is less expensive.
4. What types of bathtubs can you resurface?
- We can resurface porcelain, acrylic, fiberglass, enameled cast iron, and more! In fact, we can even resurface your old bathtub with a beautiful new acrylic urethane finish.
This is a great option for anyone who wants to update their bathroom on a budget. Our professional technicians can resurface your bathtub quickly and efficiently so you can enjoy your new look in no time.
5. What size bathtubs do you resurface?
- We resurface all size bathtubs. Common sizes are standard, garden, and clawfoot. We recommend that you resurface your tub every 10 - 15 years for maximum longevity and enjoyment of the bathroom experience!
6. Do you resurface the walls around the bathtub?
- Yes! We resurface wall tile, fiberglass, and acrylic bathtub surrounds. If your bathtub surround is looking a bit outdated or discolored, we can help. We offer resurfacing services that will restore the look of your tub surround. Contact us today for a free estimate!
7. Do you resurface stand up showers?
- Yes, we resurface, stand up and walk in showers. Tile, fiberglass and acrylic. The process of resurfacing a shower is not an easy one for anyone to undertake on their own so it's best left to experienced professionals.
It starts by removing all fixtures from the wall including any hooks or shelves where you may have stored items; next comes taping off any fixtures or faucets (if there are any not removed) and then applying our refinishing products.
8. Do you resurface shower pans?
- Yes! The first step in resurfacing a shower pan is to clean it thoroughly. This can be done using a commercial cleaner. Once the pan is clean, the next step is to repair any cracks or holes that may exist. Once the pan is repaired and prepped, it can be resurfaced.
There are several ways to resurface a shower pan. The method we choose to use an acrylic urethane coating. This type of coating will adhere well to fiberglass or acrylic surfaces.
9. Do you resurface wall tile outside of the shower?
- Yes! We recommend that you resurface your tile every 10 - 15 years, depending on use and environment. If the surface is cracked or chipped it will need to be repaired before any new coating can adhere properly.
10. My bathtub has been previously resurfaced; can it be resurfaced again?
- Yes! We strip, sand and etch the tub, then we apply a new layer of high-quality commercial grade acrylic urethane.
11. The bottom of my bathtub has rust stains, can I still have it resurfaced?
- Yes! Rust stains are common in the bottom of a bathtub because rust spores are attracted to moisture. The good news is that we can remove the stain and have your bathtub looking like new again with just a few steps. We'll start by pre-treatment cleaning, which involves scrubbing, etching and sanding the surface before applying our resurfacing coating. Then we'll apply one coat of our acrylic urethane paint over the entire tub on top of a liquid primer, followed by two coats of topcoat.
12. My bathtub has a nick, chip, or scratch, can I still have it resurfaced?
- Yes! We do minor repairs prior to resurfacing. If your bathtub has a nick, chip, or scratch, we can still resurface it for you. In fact, we'll do some minor repairs before the resurfacing process begins so that your tub looks as good as new when we're finished. However, keep in mind that any repairs will be an additional charge on top of the resurfacing cost.
13. Can you turn my pink, blue, or green bathtub white?
- Yes! We use a pure-white glaze. It's a special resurfacing product that bonds with the surface to create a brilliant, long-lasting finish. Our process starts by etching the tub so it can be completely refinished with our pure-white coating. The result is a beautiful bathtub without the hassle or cost of replacing!
14. What colors do you use for countertop resurfacing?
- We currently offer stone accent color schemes. There are many things to consider when choosing the right color for your countertops. If you are looking for a natural look, then light colors such as white or off-white would be best. However, if you want something with more pop, dark tones will work better in creating contrast and making the room feel warmer. When it comes down to it though, what's most important is that you like how each color looks against your current décor!
15. Do you offer a clear coat for countertops?
- Yes! When resurfacing with our stone accent color schemes, we always apply a clear coat to protect your countertops from everyday wear and tear. This clear coat will also enhance the sheen of your stone accent countertops and keep it looking beautiful for years to come.
16. Do you resurface kitchen counters?
- Yes! We resurface kitchen, bathroom and vanity counters. We start by sanding and removing any old surface materials such as old paint to make way for our refinishing products.
17. When getting kitchen counters resurfaced, is the breakfast bar top included?
- No, it is not included. The breakfast bar top would be an additional charge to resurface the kitchen counters. We charge by the square foot for this service and recommend that you contact us for more information about pricing.
18. My laminate countertops have minor damage; can they still be resurfaced?
- Yes! We can do minor repairs to nicks, chips, edge banding, and knife marks. This will help to restore the appearance of your countertops and make them look like new again.
19. My bathroom counter is a single mold design (sink and countertop is one solid piece), can it be resurfaced?
- Yes! We can resurface the sink on single mold countertop designs. This process is done by using a stone accent and acrylic urethane coating that will give your counter a fresh new look. The stone accent coating is available in a variety of colors, so you can choose the one that best suits your style. Contact us today to learn more about this service and how we can help you revitalize your bathroom!
20. Do I need to remove faucet fixtures prior to resurfacing?
- No! We mask the area off, as well as all the fixtures. Only remove them if you plan on replacing the old ones with new ones. This is because we want to protect your investment in your new faucet fixtures, which can be expensive, plus this ensures an even coverage of our product once the new fixtures are installed.
21. How do I prepare for resurfacing?
- Before we can begin the resurfacing process, we need you to make the room look vacant. All of your personal belongings and furniture will need to be moved out of the way so that we can work uninterrupted.
If you have any questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact us. We're looking forward to helping you achieve the beautiful new surface you deserve!
22. Do I need to cover any of my belongings?
- No, we will cover your things with plastic in the areas closest to the area where we are working. We ask that you make the immediate area appear vacant.
We understand that this may be difficult but it's important for you and us. The reason why we ask you to move any furniture or belongings is because we do not want any of your belongings to be affected by our work dust or products.
23. Can I or my pets stay home?
- No! Unfortunately, due to the chemicals used during the process we ask that you exit the home during the service. You may remain in the residence if there is one level between the area being serviced and the area you intend to be in. The best thing for you to do is to remain out of the home for the duration of the service so you are not exposed to the chemicals used during the refinishing process.
Example: Your basement if we are resurfacing a bathtub on the second floor. You may also be in the garage or sunroom. All pets need to be removed and fish tanks should be covered up to prevent any airborne exposure. We always recommend exiting the home during the resurfacing process.
24. Can I stay in the garage or sunroom?
- Yes! this is also a good alternative if you would like to stay home.
25. How long before I can use my newly resurfaced bathtub/countertops?
- The surface will need a full 48 hours to cure before use. This ensures the quality of the finish and that it is fully durable. Resurfaced surfaces should cure with room temperature set around 69 degrees Fahrenheit for at least 48 hours before using again.
26. How long does the resurfacing process take?
- It's difficult to give a precise answer because every service varies in its own way, but most services range from four to seven hours. We recommend planning for eight hours. (9:00A.M.-5:00P.M.)
27. Are you insured?
- Yes! We are insured!
28. Do your services come with a warranty or do I have to purchase one?
29. Where are you located?
- We are based out of Newport, Kentucky.
30. Where do you service?
- We are currently serving Greater Cincinnati Tri-State area.